Tool Room Machinist / Technician
This position is responsible for making parts and building specialized machines used in the manufacturing process. It includes activities and responsibilities that range from designing, to metal cutting, trouble shooting and maintenance.
- Works in a team or autonomously to complete work orders and provide maintenance support in a manufacturing environment.
- Using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines or grinders, fabricates and installs machine components, guarding and other metal assemblies.
- Measures, examines and tests completed fixtures, machines or parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Has working knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures.
- Reads and interprets blueprints when available to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate or modify tooling and / or machinery.
- Fabricates and installs machine components, guarding, and other metal assemblies.
- Using troubleshooting logic, identifies complex operation and/or process issues on the production floor (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical troubleshooting).
- Active participant in the planning, fabrication, and assembly of custom packaging machinery.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and standards and ensures machines are operating in a safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Use of advanced trades mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables and data bases, formulas; all varieties of precision measuring instruments; CNC equipment, computers and specific technical software applications (i.e. CNC programming).
Over 3 years up to and including 5 years of relevant experience.
Use of considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available, and in the making of broad decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity.
Frequently (over 40% and up to 70% of time) lifting or moving average (over 25# and up to 60#) weight material.
Continuous mental and visual attention; usually repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness or activity.
This position offers a competitive base salary and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life and 401(k) with company match.
International Packaging Corporation (Interpak) provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disabilities unrelated to job ability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
It is the policy of International Packaging Corporation to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Click here to review "EEO Is The Law" poster. Click here to review the company "EEO Policy". Click here to review the “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination” poster. Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Human Resources at 401-724-1600 for assistance.