Production Mechanic: 1st & 2nd Shift
This position is responsible for assisting in the set-up and maintenance of production machinery to ensure that they are in proper functioning condition and are maintained to standard levels. They will also perform minor troubleshooting of the equipment.
- Learns by assisting in set-ups of production equipment and changeovers. Removes old tooling, replaces with new tooling, and tests to ensure proper operation.
- Inspects quality of the tooling and equipment and ensures company standards are met. Cleans and organizes tooling and parts (pre-stage).
- Responds to requests and needs of Machine Operators and Cell Leaders; responds to Andon lighting on a timely basis.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and standards and ensures machines are operating in a safe manner.
- Learns by assisting with setting up cells.
- Understands and follows all 6S requirements. Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Operates drill press, grinding wheel, and other small machinery and hand tools.
- Reads a ruler and use other measuring devices.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Use of addition, subtraction, multiplication and the division of numbers including decimals and fractions; simple use of formulas, charts, tables, specifications, schedules, use of adjustable measuring instruments; checking of reports, forms, records and comparable data; where interpretation is required involving basic skills knowledge.
- Over three months up to and including 1 year of relevant experience.
- Use of some judgment to comply with instructions, prescribed routines, methods and/or practices or to respond to preset computer menu choices or preprogrammed computer commands involving the making of minor decisions.
- Occasionally (over 15% and up to 40% of time) lifting or moving average (over 25# and up to 60#) weight material.
- Frequent mental and visual attention, where the flow of work is intermittent or the operation involves waiting for a machine or process to complete a cycle, with some checking.
This position offers a competitive base salary and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life and 401(k) with company match.
International Packaging Corporation (Interpak) provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disabilities unrelated to job ability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
It is the policy of International Packaging Corporation to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Click here to review "EEO Is The Law" poster. Click here to review the company "EEO Policy". Click here to review the “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination” poster. Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Human Resources at 401-724-1600 for assistance.